|Study location||United Kingdom, University of Bedfordshire|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 Years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
This course will help to make students highly employable in both the
West, representing Muslim interests, and in Muslim countries. You will
be empowered to participate in a rapidly emerging new area for western
commercial institutions and highly competitive Islamic marketplaces
such as Oman and Dubai. Students may go on to careers in investment
banks, international organisations, securities firms, portfolio
management, finance departments of industrial and service companies,
central bank auditors, multinational financial organisations, retail
and investment banks, regulatory bodies and consultancy.
During this course you will:
- Understand Islamic banking within the context of Islamic culture
- Gain expert knowledge in Islamic banking, financial instruments
- Study in a dynamic research environment that complements studies
in the development of Sharia compliant products
- Be taught by world-renowned experts in Islamic studies and Islamic
- Benefit from the opportunity to study international commercial law
alongside Islamic law
- Complete an independent dissertation relevant to this dynamic
Areas of study you may cover on this course include:
- Islamic banking
- Islamic finance
- Islamic financial and banking instruments
- Islamic commercial law
- Introduction to Islamic law and legal thought
- International commercial law
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Many students undertaking the MSc in Islamic Banking and Finance
intend to take up in the banking industrie upon successful completion
of the course. The Universitys Careers Service addresses students on
the subject of career planning and informs them of the facilities
available through the Careers Service. There is also a Law Careers Day
in the second term which you are encouraged to attend.
It is School policy to allocate dissertaton supervisors from among
staff teaching on the course who will maintain a progress file of the
students academic performance and provide general advice and guidance.
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
- Banking Institutions
- Finance and Investment Banks
- Islamic financial institutions
- Expert in International Banks and in finance divisions of
- Career within international organizations
- Commercial Organisations
- Project Finance
- Specialist structured products and derivatives
- Trade finance, sales and trading
- Regulatory agencies
- Career within common law firms
- M.Phil or PhD.
Work based learning and career development available as options.