Skip to content High contrast mode

MACreative Writing

University of Chichester United Kingdom, Chichester
Tuition fee £9,950.00 per year
More information

Expenses, accommodation, working etc. 


All our courses are taught by practising novelists, short story writers, poets and dramatists. In addition to this, there are regular visits by other writers. The final taught module includes a session given by agents and editors. Staff are also willing to advise on professional issues of placing work.

‘The Chichester MA in Creative Writing is setting exceptionally high standards. In general, a great strength of the MA is the liveliness and innovative spirit of the work produced.’ Professor Jo Shapcott, External Examiner (2008)

Programme structure

The aim of the MA is to develop you as a writer. Each of the four modules will offer you a way into the writing process. However, the choice of genre is up to the student. Some students may choose to experiment with different forms, while others may spend the course working on one novel, for example. All written assignments, apart from the related commentaries on the process of creating the work, are creative.

To gain an MA in Creative Writing, students need to complete all four modules and a dissertation of 20,000 words (or poetry/drama equivalents). The culmination of the course is the dissertation, where work alone with one tutor. Some MA writers also decide to continue self-directed workshops with their group through this period.

Career opportunities

Students on Chichester’s MA Creative Writing have forged a wide range of fascinating careers. While many are establishing reputations as novelists, poets and short story writers, others have gone on to write for stage, screen and radio.

Apply now!
Application start
Aug 1, 2017
May 1, 2018 23:59 (GMT)

This is a pre-deadline and we suggest to apply before this date

Primary deadline
Aug 1, 2017 23:59 (GMT)

We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.

Application deadlines apply to citizens of: United States