|Study location||United Kingdom, University of Bedfordshire|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 Years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Graduates of this course are well-placed to find career opportunities
in: finance and investment, including banking institutions and
insurance; audit and corporate government; risk management and
corporate finance. You will even enter the professional world with the
necessary foundations for a career in the global economy.
Alternatively, the training you undertake in this course will provide
you with a strong base from which to begin a related research degree.
During this course you will:
- Cover a broad range of investment techniques and financial
- Engage in research orientated studies involving access to company
data, statistical analysis and reporting
- Integrate theory with practice
- Gain a firm foundation for a career in investment and security
analysis or portfolio analysis
- Be given the opportunity to advance your knowledge through the
econometrical package Eviews 7 and the Datastream and Reuters 3000xtra
- Work to earn a certificate from Reuters
- Complete an independent dissertation project
Areas of study you may cover on this course include:
- Financial statement analysis and security valuation
- Foundations of investment
- Investment analysis and portfolio management
- Financial risk management
- International finance and markets
- Advances in corporate finance
- Quantitative and research methods
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
A number of competent managers from industry will visit and actively
engage in seminar discussions. These sessions introduce students to
the outside world of industry and the public sector. Students will
have the opportunity to discuss and practice the skills set industry
For further guidance on career management skills, see the SOAR
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Students who complete this course find career opportunities in:
- Finance and Investment, (Banking Institutions and Insurance)
- Audit and Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Corporate Finance
The information is a guide and further information about your subject
can be found at the link:
Students which complete this course are well prepared for further
research study either the MPhil or PhD.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.