|Study location||United Kingdom, City Centre Campus|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
IELTS: 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each band)
At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Our MA Visual Communication course is interdisciplinary and specialist in approach, reflecting the dynamic and contemporary practices within the creative industries. We create innovators and leaders in the field of visual communication, challenging and stimulating you to produce original, cutting edge work and research.
The structure of our course is designed with imaginative approaches to visual practice in the creative industries.
You’ll be able to specialise by choosing one of 5 awards:
- MA Visual Communication
- MA Visual Communication (Photography)
- MA Visual Communication (Graphic Communication)
- MA Visual Communication (Illustration)
- MA Visual Communication (Film & Animation)
As a creative practitioner you are inspired to create and engage with industry alongside taught elements. Throughout the course you will have the chance to develop deep specialist knowledge in graphic communication, photography, illustration, film and animation, and research. The course provides an immersive and advanced learning experience for both advanced practitioners and recent graduates within the broad field of visual communication.
Our visual communication Master’s course is designed to provide you with the best possible chance to further your skills and widen your knowledge of the communication arts and industries. The programme is rooted in practice, teaching you interdisciplinary design and research processes.
The variety of subjects covered within this degree allows you to receive guidance in forming a more specific interest for Master’s level study. Whether you have a definitive subject in mind, or you have a broader interest in the study of visual communication, the programme is both interdisciplinary and specialist in approach, echoing the dynamic changes within its related industries.
As a school we have strong industry connections which include live partnerships and collaborative projects. We have ongoing dynamic dialogues with international players in the creative industries. These leading professionals have provided us with direct feedback, identifying our programmes as world-class models of creative education and fully supporting contemporary practice in an international context.
We have a continuously developing and progressive vision of employability. We feel that as a creative practitioner you will need to adapt and respond to the demands of industry.
Job roles that graduates have go on to work in include:
- Visiting tutor at University of Worcester & Freelance designer/calligrapher.
- Graphic designer at Dorna sports, Tarragona, Spain.
- Fashion Illustrator & Lecturer at The One academy Penang, Malaysia.
- Lecturer at Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Setapak.
- Producer at Central Studios, Shanghai.
- Lead designer at agency: Jones & Palmer, Birmingham.
- Senior Graphic designer: Cowan Design – Shanghai.
- Graphic design tutor at European, Global University – Kuwait
- Lecturer at Gjun Institute – Taiwan
- Account Manager – Insignia Worldwide Dubai
- Lecturer at Hong Kong Design Institute.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.