|Study location||United Kingdom, Aberystwyth|
|Type||Bachelor courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||4 years|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
good results in Biology or Human Biology
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Additionally, state English examination results are accepted as proof of proficency.
At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Human Biology and Health scheme provides you with the opportunity to study a range of biological disciplines including physiology, microbiology, immunology and genetics, coupling these disciplines with the study of human biomechanics and psychology. The curriculum allows you to develop a sound understanding of the main conditions that influence human health in the 21st century.
Students on this course will be able to explore the specialist areas of Human and Health Biology which include:
- Facilities for high-throughput DNA sequencing, proteomics, metabolomics and spectroscopic platforms.
- Application of psychology to understand the process of behaviour change and its relevance to delay the development of chronic conditions including heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Modern physiological, biomechnical and psychological equipment including: body scanning for bone health and body composition determination, cardiovascular, respiratory and metabolic analysers, high-performance treadmills, cycles and rowers, along with computer based digital video and a force plate to allow sophisticated analysis of movement.
- You will be taught by passionate, engaged, friendly and staff with expertise across the full range of Biological topics.
- Your academic studies will be bolstered by a wealth of laboratory and field classes which build real scientific skills essential for your future.
You will be assigned a personal tutor who can guide you through your time at Aberystwyth and help you to settle in when you first arrive.
Human Biology and Health graduates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to enter a wide range of careers which include: Bio-medicine, Health and allied professions. This scheme is also a solid foundation for postgraduate research at Masters and PhD level.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.