|Study location||United Kingdom, Southampton (Highfield campus)|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
|Tuition fee||£19,570 per year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
An upper second-class honours degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences, Geography, Zoology, Oceanography, Biology, Geology or Physics
Applicants with an upper second-class honours degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or Mathematics may be asked to attend an interview.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
IELTS: 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each band)
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
MSc Environmental Pollution Control programme provides excellent training for careers in air, water and waste pollution management. Students explore the scientific basis of pollution and practical approaches to its control. Through the optional modules you will also have the opportunity to learn about the legal and business framework and the many environments affected by pollution.
Programme is one of the pathways (routes) available under the wider Environmental Management Programme banner. In common with others, it aims to:
- provide you with a thorough understanding of the functioning and management of the environment, based on firm interdisciplinary foundations
- give you the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge and understanding in a chosen area of the environmental sciences, whilst maintaining a broader view of the environment on an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary basis
- provide you with knowledge and understanding of the interactions of the environment and society
enable you to undertake a substantial research project during your year of study
- produce graduates who can think critically about the environment in the contemporary world and are able to pursue independent study in the subject with enthusiasm
- provide opportunities to recognise and develop the key skills necessary for graduates to be capable of reaching their full potentials and play a full role in society including careers in environmental and other professions, industry and commerce.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.