Higher education in the UK
Hundreds of thousands of international students study in the UK each year, making studying in the UK the number two choice for international students in the world, second only to the USA. For students worldwide that would like an English-language education, what better place to study than the country that invented the language?
With traditions of excellence dating back hundreds of years, high class institutions at every corner and much more flexibility than many other countries, the United Kingdom has much to offer international students that other English-speaking countries cannot offer.
Studying in the UK will provide students with an academic qualification respected and valued throughout the world. It gives students the experience of living in the UK, providing them with a vibrant, energetic educational experience, whilst enabling them to enjoy charismatic surroundings and a traditional British culture
Why study in the UK?
- The UK is the number one study abroad location in the EU
- Academic qualification respected and valued throughout the world
- Wonderful student life!
Financing your studies in the UK
- In 2020/21 the tuition fees in England and Wales for undergraduate programmes are up to £9,250 per year for home and EU students. From August 2020 the system changes: tuition fees will rise for EU students due to Brexit and also the tuition fee loan becomes unavailable.
- You can apply for different scholarships and grants (depends on the university).
- Minimum salary for students is around £6-8 per hour (depending on the age).
- Average rent for accommodation is around £400 per month.
- Average living cost in the UK besides accommodation is around £300.
Why not do a top-up programme in the UK?
Final year or top-up programmes are for students have completed the first two years of their Bachelor studies or have already received a Bachelor degree. At the end of the final year or top-up course the student will receive a Bachelor degree from the university where he/she took the course.
If you want to know more about top-up and final year programmes in the UK, contact us for a consultation!