Warum im Ausland studieren?
Study abroad myths
Myth 1: I need to be an excellent student to study abroad.
Not a straight A student? Don’t worry because getting accepted to a university abroad is not as complicated as you may think! Different universities have different requirements. Some will of course consider your academic results but many others are more interested in your motivation and background. Therefore, it’s important to find a suitable university for yourself as there is something for everyone.
Myth 2: Studying abroad is expensive.
Paying the tuition fee, renting a place, managing on your own? This sure can be expensive…. UNLESS you take advantage of some great opportunities:
- In the UK you can take a national tuition fee LOAN that you don’t have to start paying back until you earn enough to afford paying it back!
- In Denmark there are NO tuition fees for EU students which means you save up to €10,000 per year. In addition, you can apply for a grant of approx. €700 per month if you are a working student!
- In the Netherlands, there is also a tuition fee loan available. In addition, if you work 54+ hours per month, you can apply for an extra grant from the Dutch government (up to €500 per month).
- Many students also find a way to get a student job to cover their living expenses. As salaries in Western Europe are quite high, it’s ACTUALLY possible to manage working while studying (10-15 hours per week).
In short, think how much more you could gain from the study abroad experience. Can you afford not to go?
Myth 3: The UK is the only place in Europe where I can study in English.
It’s quite the opposite actually. More and more universities from all over the world offer excellent study programmes taught in English. You can go to Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium and many other countries with Dream Foundation to study in English.
Myth 4: Applying to foreign universities is complicated and time-consuming
There are over 40,000 higher education institutions in the world and applying to a foreign university can get rather confusing. Therefore, Dream Foundation can make your life much easier! Apply to different universities in different countries with just 1 online application form that you can find on Dream Foundation’s webpage.
At the same time, if you are not sure and would like to find out more about different possibilities then contact us. We are happy to help you!
In short, why study abroad?
- Wide choice of universities and study programmes
- Different study methods (e.g. project-based learning)
- World-class education and lecturers
- Better career possibilities in the future
- New languages and cultures
- Friends from all over the world
- Possibility to challenge yourself
- Great experience