Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a popular choice for higher education in the UK, attracting over 26,000 students from over 100 countries worldwide.
The university is a teaching intensive university that puts student satisfaction and achievement ahead of any other priority. NTU has a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that lead to excellent career prospects, with over 93% of graduates employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
Over £350 million has been invested in creating modern facilities, teaching technology and accommodation across three distinct campuses. This environment encourages inspirational teaching and students develop skills and knowledge relevant to industry.
Social and sporting life is equally valued and Nottingham is a lively cosmopolitan city. NTU has over 70 sports clubs and societies to get involved with, along with their own student TV station, magazine, computer gaming festival and radio station.
- Degree and Masters designed to maximise your employability through work placements, industry standard facilities and professional accreditation.
- Over 93% of graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
- Partnership work with global industry including Santander, Experian, Boots, Paul Smith, L’Oreal, GlaxoSmithKline and many more…
- Nottingham is a popular student city in the UK with over 60,000 students living there. The cost of living is much lower than London and there are many bars, restaurants and shops suitable for part time work.
- Guaranteed University accommodation if you make Nottingham Trent University your first choice.
- Three distinct campuses including city centre, student village and rural study locations relevant to your area of study.
- Dedicated EU scholarships ranging from £1,000 to £3,000 open to all students to apply for. Sports scholarships are available for elite and semi-professional athletes.
- Links to over 200 partner academic institutions located in 35 different countries, enabling students to study abroad or take part in Erasmus exchange.
- We are ranked in the top 17 out of 150 universities in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championships.
- We are a truly diverse international student community with students and staff from over 100 countries.
Faculties and Schools
Nottingham Business School
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Business, Marketing and Human Resources
- International Business / Dual Degrees abroad
- Entrepreneurship and In-company programmes
Nottingham Law School
- Qualifying Law Degrees
- International, Business, Criminology Law
- Law (Distance Learning)
- European Law / Dual Degree
School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
- Animal and Zoo Biology
- Veterinary Nursing
- Geography and Earth Sciences
- Horticulture and Garden Design
- Environmental Science
School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
- Civil Engineering and Construction
- Quantity Surveying
- Real Estate and Planning
- Product Design
School of Art and Design
- Fashion Design, Knitwear and Textiles
- Fashion Business, Branding and Communications
- Graphic Design, Photography and Digital Media
- Decorative and Fine Arts
- Design for Film, TV and Theatre
School of Arts and Humanities
- English, History and Philosophy
- Media, Film, TV and Communications
- Broadcast and Print Journalism
- Languages, Linguistics and TESOL
- English Language Teaching
School of Education
- Teacher Training and Development
- Primary and Secondary Education
- Childhood Studies and Early Years
School of Science and Technology
- Biomedical Sciences
- Pharmacology, Toxicology and Biochemistry
- port Science and Management
- Chemistry and Forensic Science
- Physics and Astrophysics
- Computing, Software and Digital Technology
School of Social Sciences
- Psychology and Criminology
- International Relations and Politics
- Sociology, Social Work and Youth Justice
Financing your studies in the UK
Besides savings, support of parents and relatives, scholarships and student jobs you can finance your studies in the UK by taking a student loan.
Positive side here is that you don’t need to start paying back your loans until you reach the repayment threshold. This means that you will start making repayments after you finish or leave your course, only if you are earning over the relevant repayment threshold for the country you are living in at that time. (9% what is over the minimal earnings needs to be paid back monthly).
More info: www.direct.gov.uk
If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you have a right to work in the UK.
Nottingham is a cosmopolitan student city with many part-time jobs available in cafes, bars, shops or restaurants. Similarly a number of large multinational companies have offices located in the city who require language speakers and business administrators on a part-time basis. Once you establish your timetable you will need to judge how many hours you are able to work alongside your studies.
You can expect to earn a basic wage of approximately £6.50-£7 per hour for a student job.
You will need to obtain a National Insurance Number once working in the UK, however there are no further requirements and your employer should accept your passport or ID card as proof of nationality and your right to work. As of 1st January 2014 Romanian and Bulgarian students no longer require work authorisation (the "yellow card") to work in the UK, however this is still applicable to students from Croatia.
Staying in university accommodation is a key part of the university experience. Nottingham Trent University have a fantastic range of accommodation, offering you a great place to live with other students. Standard accommodation includes:
- Private bedrooms and bathrooms (en suite)
- On campus
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Utility bills included
- Security and support
Many of the residences are just a few years old and are very impressive.
All of the accommodation is self-catering but the university does have on-campus canteens and cafes.
View all accommodation options at www.ntu.ac.uk/accommodation
Search and apply!