|Location||United Kingdom, (Main Site)|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
|Tuition fee||£3,760.00 per year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
IELTS: 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each band and minimum of 6.0 in Writing)
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
One academic reference must be sent
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Writing Development offers a
new type of qualification aimed at graduates and professionals
interested in studying, researching, and teaching writing. The course
focuses on writing, rhetoric, and literacies research and on the ways
this research informs the teaching of writing. The programme is based
upon Coventry University’s international reputation in the teaching
of academic writing.
As part of the programme, you will explore:
- Researching, theorising and conceptualising writing
- Teaching academic writing to speakers of English as a second or
- Supporting the academic writing of international academics
- Professional academic writing development techniques
- Writing programme management and development
- Rhetorical theory
As students on the Academic Writing course you will be able to:
- research and analyse independently student and professional
- use your research and background knowledge to support native and
non-native English-speaking writers
- develop and manage a writing programme
- support professional academic writing for publication in English as
an additional language.
The course can enhance your career prospects in supporting, teaching
and researching student and/or professional academic writing. It
offers a qualification that combines issues of theory and practice
necessary for working in writing or consultancy centres or as part of
writing programmes in various disciplinary contexts.
At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to work in
university departments or writing support units in the UK or
internationally, and be prepared to do doctoral study in the area.