|Location||United Kingdom, Park Square campus|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 Years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Upon completion of this course you will be prepared for both the
securing and forensic investigation of computer networks. The
practical skills you will gain during the course are much sought after
in the business world making you very employable. Career opportunities
include specialist consultancy, practitioner or manager in the area of
computer forensics investigation and secure computer systems
management. You may also continue your studies with further research.
During the course you will:
- Gain access to industry standard and state-of-the-art computer
security equipment and forensics tools such as 3D face scanners, palm
readers and iris scanners
- Develop your practical skills in our dedicated computer security
and forensics lab
- Enjoy visits to computer forensics organisations such as 7Safe and
attend demonstrations and invited talks by hardware companies
- Be given the opportunity to use FRED (Forensic Recovery of
Evidence Device) used by the Metropolitan police
Areas of study you may cover on this course include:
- Computer security
- Forensics data acquisition
- Emerging technologies
- Professional project management
- Advanced security countermeasures
- Networking administration and management
- Digital forensics
- Cryptography and cryptanalysis
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Throughout the course we develop your ability to reflect on your
performance, and to develop teamwork, written and oral communication.
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates can work in a variety of security positions including:
- Security associates
- Security consultants
- Penetration testers
- Network security analysts
- Systems Administrators
Successful graduates may pursue an MRes by Research or an MPhil / PhD
This is a pre-deadline and we suggest to apply before this date
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries.