|Location||United Kingdom, Park Square campus|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 Years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be able to work in a range of
healthcare environments, including the community and residential and
During this course you will:
- Study an integrated curriculum
- Benefit from state-of-the-art e-learning including e-portfolios
- Experience local practice placements
- Work in modern classroom facilities
- Experience multi-professional learning integrated into all courses
in the faculty
- Study at a university ranked joint first in the UK for nursing
graduate prospects, achieving top marks in The Independent’s Complete
University Guide 2012
- Benefit from our rating as ‘outstanding’ for student support
through our innovative personal lecturer scheme
- Work in specialist centres offering dedicated learning resources
within the University
- Experience supported practice placements in partnership with local
- Benefit from contemporary learning environments, including
- Be taught by experts with specialist knowledge
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
The course provides a student focused process for integrating
personal, academic and career development. You are encouraged to
undertake self-assessment to identify your strengths, interests and
development needs in relation to your learning needs.
Through negotiation with your personal tutor you will be enabled to
identify your areas of interest and the areas in which you feel you
need to develop. Towards the end of year 2 you will be actively
supported and advised regarding potential career development.
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Registered Nurse in chosen area of practice; specialist practice
This course will facilitate the acquisition of skills to enable
future Personal and Professional Development (PDP) and identification
of learning needs and opportunities.
Each student will be expected to complete a Portfolio of Evidence to
demonstrate progression and encouraged to retain a reflective journal
in relation to their own Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and
Life -long learning.
Access to Career / Educational Guidance:
Each student will be encouraged to complete a self audit in terms of
their academic / career aspirations and opportunities available to