|Location||United Kingdom, Birmingham|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
IELTS: 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each band)
At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Audition is a part of admission process
Birmingham Conservatoire is renowned for its Jazz courses. Designed for recent graduates and suitably qualified mature students, our taught postgraduate courses in Jazz provide bespoke advanced-level tuition to Jazz musicians, whether as performers or instigators.
Our postgraduate courses in Jazz also provide you with excellent opportunities to develop other skills relevant to a future career in the music profession.
- Specialise as a jazz performer or as an instigator.
- Performance courses built around the art of improvisation.
- Regular opportunities to rehearse and perform with small and large jazz ensembles.
- At PgDip and MMus levels, the flexibility to choose from a broad menu of Professional Development modules – including some specifically in the Jazz area – designed to help you work towards achieving your personal career aspirations.
- Personal support as you make plans for your future career.
- The flexibility to transfer from PgDip to MMus once you have begun your studies (but before completion of the PgDip course).
- At PgCert level, the ability to focus wholly on the Principal Study area.
- Regular individual specialist tuition.
- Priority access to guest masterclass sessions.
- The chance to develop a distinctive musical voice.
- An intensive one-year MMus route is available (for exceptional candidates only).