|Location||United Kingdom, Scarborough Campus|
|Type||Bachelor courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
good results in Mathematics
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Upload documents in original language and translations.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
IELTS: 6.0 (with no skill level below 5.5)
Secondary school exam result can be accepted for the following countries: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Poland
At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Modern business and the legal system are inextricably linked. Lawyers represent commercial interest in both private and public sectors and require a thorough understanding of the mechanics of business structures and operations. This programme will give a thorough grounding in English law and will examine the constraints it imposes and flexibility it allows during practice. It’s particularly suited to individuals aiming for careers in management within the legal arena, where a background in both law and business is pertinent.
On successful completion of the programme you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Leadership concepts and information management – you will explore a range of leadership and management theories including the development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact upon organisations. You will also look at relevant communication and information technologies for application in business and law;
- Introduction to law and practice – this module introduces you to the elements of the civil and criminal systems and the framework of legal Institutions. You will also study alternative dispute resolution within the English legal professions and the general principles of contract law;
- Economics and finance – you will look at the key principles of business economics, by examining the interrelated nature of business, government and the public sector. You will also examine the complexity of the economic environment in which businesses operate and the financial information produced by businesses, specifying how accounting and finance functions support business operations, and identifying sources and methods of financing for businesses and individuals;
- Law of business organisations – you will look at the workings of business organisations (including formation and effect), their operations and management. You will also examine the practical implications of such entities entering into binding obligations and contracts, the issue of liabilities and protection and the theoretical doctrines and practical applications of English commercial law, drawing where relevant on materials from other jurisdictions;
- Property Law – you will look at property rights in relation to Land and deal with their definition, development, acquisition and transfer;
- Business strategy and entrepreneurship – you will explore the fundamental aspects of the global business environment that influences business decisions and behaviour. You will also explore the challenges and opportunities involved in the operation of multinational enterprises, the approaches to strategy development, the implications of strategic choices; stakeholder interests and the wider context of strategy and the dynamic and visionary approach to businesses created by entrepreneurs.
With a BA (Hons) Degree behind you, your chances of employment should be improved, and the level at which you enter the jobs market could mean a higher salary. You could go on to work in a number of different disciplines including studying towards postgraduate qualifications, working within law based industries or any business with a strong focus on law and strategic development. The BA provides you with a strong set of transferable skills valued by employers.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries.