|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||2 year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree in Music, or have attained a comparable level by other means, tailored to the requirements of the programme.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Prior to their entrance audition, candidates write a personal development plan, describing their choices concretely. In this first personal development plan, you will outline how you are planning to achieve your final qualifications. The examining board will assess your musical qualities as well as the personal development plan. This will also be assessed on feasibility.
The Master of Music at Fontys is an advanced degree programme for highly gifted musicians who have completed their Bachelor of Music degree and seek a career as a professional performer on the international concert stage.
Fontys offers you the opportunity to work with internationally renowned artists as you develop your skills as a professional musician.
Our professors have extensive careers in disciplines and genres ranging from classical music to music theater, jazz, music production, and popular music. Through their expertise, they are in an ideal position to guide you in your further artistic development.
This is a broad study programme. The Master of Music enables you to make choices within the set curriculum framework, based on your talent, entry level, motivation and learning questions.
You have a choice of three graduation profiles:
• performing with the emphasis on research
• or performing with the emphasis on education
Artistic-technical and professional development are at the centre of each graduation profile. You will also gain research skills and learn to set up and carry out practical research. In addition, you will work on your social positioning and communication skills.
Within your graduation profile, you can choose from a range of specialisations:
• instrumental classical music
• vocal classical music (opera, operetta, solo singing)
• musical theatre (only in Tilburg)
• instrumental jazz / pop music
• vocal jazz / pop music
• early music (early instrumental music and vocal ensemble music) (only in Tilburg)
• composition classical music
• composition / arranging jazz / pop music
• conducting (wind/brass band, symphony orchestra, big band and choral conducting)
• music theory