Jacobs University Bremen, ranking among the top ten small universities worldwide, is an inspiring experiment in many ways. it successfully combines the qualities of a broad liberal arts education ith the demands of science-based instruction. It harmoniously embeds a culturally diverse campus community into the suburban landscape of Bremen North – and it demonstrates the value of private higher education in dialogue with the excellent state-funded universities of the Hanseatic region.
It is home for 1,500 students. These young people come from more than 110 countries, with around 80 percent moving to Bremen for their studies. Jacobs University is also a “home” for over 900 students as they learn AND live during their studies on this very special campus in an international community.
With the highest standards in research and teaching, Jacobs University ranks among the top 25 percent of all universities worldwide.
International and interdisciplinary, Jacobs University offers a broad spectrum of attractive study programs: from natural sciences, mathematics and engineering to social sciences and economics. Many of the graduates go on to influence their industries in Bremen or elsewhere in Germany.
Why Jacobs University
- Academic quality - Students encounter the highest in academic standards, gaining an interdisciplinary education in which faculty mentor students personally and invite them into their research from early on.
- Internationality - With 120 nations represented on campus, students live and learn among a melting pot of ideas and viewpoints, providing an experience that both uncovers new passions and broadens perspective. Jacobs University values diversity and global thinking and fosters a community that champions it.
- Personal development - Students graduate with the self-competence and social skills. The diversity encountered during their education prepares them to participate within diverse cultures and global industries.
- Employability - Graduates go on to successful careers in business and science, possessing the interdisciplinary knowledge and experience today’s employers seek.
- Top ranking in Germany and worldwide - Jacobs University sets the standard in higher education with top ranked academics and excellence in research in international rankings including
U-Multirank and CHE. The renowned Times Higher Education magazine has listed Jacobs University among the top 25% of all universities and one of the top 30 young universities worldwide.
Vibrant campus life
1-on-1 academic advising
Internship and study abroad opportunities
- The tuition fee is currently 20.000 €/per academic year
- Room & board is currently 8.000 €/for nine months
Jacobs University Bremen awards partial scholarships to outstandingly motivated, socially engaged, excellent academic performers. These merit-based scholarships currently range from 2.500 up to 15.000 Euros. Moreover, EU students are eligible for a minimum guaranteed scholarship of 4.000€.
Students with limited financial means can also apply for financial aid. The amount of a possible grant is determined based on a student’s financial need.
Expenses such as: textbooks, health insurance (mandatory in Germany), residence permits, travel to and from home, as well as any additional personal expenses are not funded by the university.
Search and apply!