|Study location||Netherlands, Nijmegen|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year (60 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€16,000 per year|
|Application fee||€75 one-time
The handling fee is NOT applicable to:
- Students with a nationality from the EEA countries or from countries that are candidates for EEA membership*
This fee will be refunded to you once you are fully enrolled as a student at Radboud University. The fee is NOT refundable when you are not admitted.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree in Theology or a related discipline.
Please provide a list of all courses you have taken and are taking including course content, the number of hours and literature used. Be sure to include information about research courses and a thesis/internship (if applicable). See an example here.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German / Dutch.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail. Important! Never send original documents by post!
-IELTS Academic: ≥ 7.0 overall, subscores ≥ 6.5
In order to enroll in the ‘Biblical Exegesis’ specialization, you need to have a basic knowledge of Hebrew and Greek. Students need to be able to show, in the form of successfully completed electives or degrees that they have the required proficiency. For the other specializations (Practical Theology, History of Church and Theology, Systematic Theology), proficiency in Hebrew and Greek is not required.
Study Theology in the wider Catholic Christian tradition, discover the public relevance of Christian practices and doctrines in contemporary society, obtain the necessary skills to identify and discuss intelligently theological influences across a range of perspectives such as economics, the arts, law, history, philosophy, spirituality, health care, medicine, politics, and science, covering issues from social justice to climate change.
Is Theology at Radboud University Something for you?
- Radboud offers the option between a tailor-made 1 year and a comprehensive 3 year theology programme.
- The flexible, tailor-made one-year programme allows you to flourish as a scholar in your own field of specialization (Biblical Exegesis, Practical Theology, Church History, Systematic Theology or Christian Spirituality)
- The theology programmes have lower tuition fees than universities in the UK, North America, and elsewhere in the Netherlands.
- Theology at Radboud is taught in small groups with personal and intensive support from teachers.
- Radboud University is strategically located in Europe with a diverse student population from over 100 different countries.
The Master in Theology (1 year) is a taught degree that has a course load of 60 European Credits (EC). Each MA course is worth 10 credits and the MA Thesis is worth 20 credits. The structure is presented here.
In an increasingly globalized world, even more, institutions recognize the need for religious literacy. MA in Theology can provide skills in research, communication, writing, and interpretation. Graduates with an MA in Theology are employed in various leadership positions in dioceses, religious congregations, universities, and colleges, or start working as researchers, policymakers embraced by all fields, educators, pastoral care workers, or spiritual counsellors. Other professions include journalism, museum curators, creative industries, and archives.