|Study location||United Kingdom, Aberystwyth|
|Type||Bachelor courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
good results in Biology
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
Additionally, state English examination results are accepted as proof of proficency.
At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Equine Science and Veterinary Bioscience at Aberystwyth means studying the science of the horse in such a way as to provide you with the underpinning veterinary medicine and scientific theory of this magnificent animal. This includes how the horse is bred for superior traits, its nutrition, welfare and care for maximum performance and its management in relation to reproduction, exercise physiology, behaviour and wellbeing. It does not provide recognised training for those wishing to practise as a veterinary surgeon, but may provide graduates with a suitable pathway to a veterinary medicine degree programme.
And if that is not enough, here’s also why we think Aber is a great place to study Equine and Veterinary Bioscience:
• Superb teaching and research facilities including state of the art labs
• Internationally renowned passionate teaching staff who are experts in their fields
• A fantastic equine centre with Olympic size indoor arena, all-weather manège, round pen, horse walker and livery facilities
• A stunning coastal location with extensive hacking and trekking facilities due to its close proximity to the countryside and miles of unspoilt beaches to gallop upon!
• Opportunities for work experience, foreign exchanges, internships, bursaries and training towards BHS exams all within a multi-award winning Institute environment
The degree will allow you to develop specialist skills such as the ability to evaluate the welfare needs of horses and undertake physiological assessment and determine training needs for horses as well as developing a range of transferable skills highly valued by employers.
Your BSc in Equine and Veterinary Biosciences opens up a range of exciting opportunities for employment and further training for example you could progress to our MSc in Equine Science. In addition, the work placement opportunities available to you will help you gain valuable industry experience. This will be of significant help to you when working as an equine veterinary scientist, feed research officer, stud manager, or equine consultant.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.