|Study location||United Kingdom, Winchester|
|Type||Bachelor courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
IELTS: 6.0 overall with 6.0 in Writing
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Students may wish to pursue the three year BA (Hons) Accounting and Management pathway or the four year MAcc (Hons) Accounting and Management pathway.
This three-year BA (Hons) Accounting and Management programme has been designed to encourage students to develop their technical knowledge and professional skills relevant to the discipline of accounting. This course develops the key financial accounting skills as well as the broader business and management expertise employers are looking for. The programme covers the applied aspects of accounting, together with the team-working, problem-solving, communication skills and commercial awareness which companies need in a complex global business world.
Graduating Accounting Students (2012) students have commented positively on:
‘The course provided me with a great understanding of Accounting. I have applied things I learnt here, in what I now do day to day in my job.
‘The sizes of the classes were small allowing students to have a close relationship with lecturers. The course was extremely interactive which was vital . . . if you didn’t understand something you could quickly ask.’
‘It helped me to learn how to analyse information, work out which information is useful and showed me how to present information in a professional and clear way.’
(Quotes taken from responses to a questionnaire sent to the first graduating cohort, please note due to the relatively low numbers on this first cohort students’ views were not able to be reported separately and were amalgamated with Business Management students.)
Assessment is carefully tailored to the aims and learning outcomes of the course with a wide range of assessment types. The University is committed to providing timely and appropriate feedback to students on their academic progress and achievement, enabling them to reflect on their progress and plan their academic and skills development effectively. Students are also encouraged to seek additional feedback from their course tutors and lecturers. Where a programme is accredited to a Professional, Statutory or Regulatory body, and assessments will also meet the standards required by these organisations.
Specific accounting modules have been defined as ‘exemption modules’ so as to conform to the requirements of the Professional Accounting Bodies. 70 per cent of the marks available for these ‘exemption modules’ must be awarded through formal written examinations. The remaining 30 per cent of marks are awarded through coursework.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.